I haven't had much energy the last few days but I finally got a very satisfying full night of sleep so I'm hoping today will be much improved. I feel part of the problem is I haven't been exercising enough, I walk a ton, have been taking belly dance class again (only once a week though), and I took a long bike ride on Sunday - but yeah.
I've been working more than I intended (at Law, Historical, & Veterans), but of course it's nice to still have a bit of money for basic necessities and not tap any of the wedding/honeymoon resources - but my house is a mess because Jason is so busy too - cleaning will happen today... (after I get home from work...).
I've been recreational reading my head off which is great - but not enough time for that either! And I have a very small container garden, I have zucchini, cucumbers, tomatoes, basil and lots of other herbs. Not much, but it was our compromise, Jason didn't want me putting in a full raised bed this year. I also planted flower bulbs around our mailbox (which just started coming up!) and have done a lot of work on the backyard weeding and getting the grass to grow. I have another place in the front where I want to put in a flower bed but ... yeah. I'm also gaming with some friends of mine from SLIS once a week...
So the next few months or so should be pretty awesome - it sorta feels like things have been building up to this, and I've spent a lot of time planning and working on things that will manifest soon - I did decide to hold off on rare book school for the moment - simply because I have so much stuff going on right now - awesome things happening:
0) Don't know what it is but POTTERMORE ;)
1) Bachlorette Party FTW - me and some friends are going canoing/kayaking at the Kickapoo River this Sunday (boo yah) - with associated vegan picnic lunch and barbecue, plus Chrystal is also coming the night before to hang out which will be lovely
2) The following weekend another one of my bridesmaids,(aka friends) is visiting over the weekend
3) The week after that is WW (SCA event)- I haven't shot archery in a year - nor done much of anything else SCA related, but fall will be triumphant return (assuming I have no major job related changes), will be doing that - I'm making this horrific banner (its basically a joke) for our camp (Chez Scum) right now - after that I'm ready to return to some serious crafting. I'm volunteering a bunch and teaching a class, but I feel like I don't enough know anyone in the sca right now, will be attempting to remedy that. At least this year I actually got off of work the day it starts and the day AFTER for recovery time (this has never happened before)
4) Then I have two "free" weekends before ....
5) The wedding, my wedding, weird! (aka marrying the love of my life - not that I didn't love anyone else mind you)
6) Then a few weeks back to normal life - and then....
7) New York - Just two days but...we're seeing How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying (Radcliffe is in it)
8) Queen Mary II - top hats and monocles
9) Did I mention London?
I could talk about wedding and trip planning, but I'm sick of thinking about it (well, not about the trip) but yeah. Everything is good, just trying to keep up and get ready and have some fun.
i thought I'd post this in every social media outlet I have. Please SPREAD this.
This is my reading list for 2007. I'm just keeping it so I can keep track. If you care to check out what I've read so far this year (for some reason), this will be at the top of my journal page. I realize a few of these wouldn't actually be at the top of my wish list, but on audio you sometimes take what you can get/find.
A few from 2006, just so I remember (I'll probably add to this later)
The Clan of the Cave Bear, Valley of the Horses - Jean Auel
1984 - George Orwell
Of Mice & Men - John Steinbeck
Lord of the Rings Trilogy - Tolkien
Douglas Adams - All (cept the meaning of liff, can't find that anywhere)
Harry Potter - All = Rowling
Charlie & The Chocolate Factory/The Witches - Roald Dahl
Date Added Title/Author
01/08/2007 Digital Fortress - Dan Brown
01/08/2007 The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini
01/09/2007 Angels & Demons - Dan Brown
01/10/2007 The Life of Pi - Yann Martel
01/15/2007 Diary of a Young Girl - Anne Frank
01/18/2007 To Kill A Mockingbird - Harper Lee
01/22/2007 Eragon - Christopher Paolini
01/24/2007 The Great Gatsby - F. Scott Fitzgerald
01/31/2007 Adventures of Sherlock Holmes - Arther Conan Doyle
01/31/2007 Demon Haunted World - Carl Sagen
01/31/2007 The Power of Gold: The History of an Obsession - Peter L. Bernstein
02/01/2007 Letter to A Christian Nation - Sam Harris
02/16/2007 The Mammoth Hunters - Jean Auel
02/16/2007 The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn - Mark Twain
02/26/2007 Memoirs of a Geisha - Arthur Golden
03/05/2007 Strangers in a Strange Land - Robert Heinlein
03/19/2007 Catch 22 - Joseph Heller
04/05/2007 Ok, In additon with my TAL listening - I'm half way through 20,000 Legues Under the Sea, that's going.. oddly, it's interesting enough that I want to finish it, but annoying enough that I can only handle it for short periods of time. also half way through A Short History of Islam, the language is completed, but I think I'll finish the audio, and then reread it in book format when I can give it more attention)
In advance I'd like to acknowledge the fact that I'm a dork, but yeah, since the HP is coming out soon, I thought I'd do a quick run through...
04/19/2007 Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone - J.K. Rowling
04/19/2007 Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azakaban - J.K. Rowling
04/19/2007 Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - J.K. Rowling
04/19/2007 Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - J.K Rowling (still working on this one)
(moving right now, not a ton of reading time)
05/05/2007 Eleven On Top - Janet Evanovich
05/05/2007 Making a Change For Good: A Compassionate Guide to Self Discipline - Cheri Huber
06/18/2007 See Delphi & Die - Lindsay Davis
06/20/2007 Commited: A Rabble-Rouser's Memoir - Dan Mathews
07/04/2007 Life Interrupted - Spalding Gray
07/22/2007 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - J.K. Rowling
08/01/2007 Garlic & Sapphires - Ruth Reichl
08/08/2007 Twelve Sharp - Janet Evanovich
09/10/2007 The Meaning of Everything - Simon Winchester
09/17/2007 The Map That Changed The World - Simon Winchester
09/20/2007 How I Became Stupid - Martin Page
09/21/2007 Swimming To Cambodia - Spalding Gray
10/05/2007 Reading Lolita in Tehran - Azar Nafisi
10/09/2007 Self-Made Man: One Woman's Journey into Manhood and Back - Norah Vincent
10/15/2007 Poisonwood Bible - Barbara Kingsolver
10/20/2007 Whale Talk - Chris Crutcher
10/29/2007 The Book Thief - Markus Zusak
11/05/2007 The Other Boleyn Girl - Philippa Gregory
11/15/2007 Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets - J.K. Rowling (and yes, I am a dork)
12/07/2007 Shelters of Stone - Jeal Auel
12/22/2007 Botany of Desire - Michael Pollen
12/22/2007 Thank You For Smoking - Christopher Buckley
* February - have also listened to the first 50 episodes of This American Life
* 3/14, Finished Jello Biafra; In The Grip Of Official Treason, and pretty much the entire Helly Rollins audio collection *these are spoken word collections and not technically books, so whateva
*4/5/07 Listened to the second 50 This American Lives
*06/18/2007 - Would you believe I've just been really busy lately? I have been, but I'm still reading... half way through another.
*09/10/2007 - I've started but not completed about 10 books in the last few months. Must... finish books....
11/18/2007 - Started Team of Rivals but... first disk was damaged, hoping to get good copy soon, cause its fantastic, also started Dune, but really couldn't get into it on audio, planning to possibly revisit this in book format